Thursday, October 18, 2012

Shoebox Canvases










I saw an idea on Pinterest that said you could use shoebox tops as canvases.  I HAD to try it!  

This project only cost me $12.99 for the fabric (if you don’t count the shoes I purchased in order to get the box tops:).  They now sell fabric quarters all in one piece, by the way!  I just had to unfold my yard o’ fabric and cut on the lines to get 4 different pieces of fabric that all coordinated!  I also had a box top from a decorative box I wasn’t using, and an old canvas I found.  All you need is scissors and a glue gun to get this project done!

I first played around with the arrangement to see how I wanted to do my layout.  After that, I tried out the fabric on the “canvases” to see which pattern I wanted on which size.  

After that I cut my fabric to size.  I like to leave an inch or an inch and a half all the way around so you have plenty of room to glue.  

I just started gluing sides down and pulling the fabric taut, but not too tight on the cardboard box tops.  I didn’t want to cause them to bend in a weird way.  Make sure to glue the sides directly across from one another.
Put a nice neat crease on the corner and glue in place.  Keep adding glue if you don’t get a neat corner.
I hung them in the hallway and they look GOOD!  

No comments:

Post a Comment