Thursday, October 18, 2012

Corkboard Upcycle










This is an upcycle on a corkboard square I did a while ago…I thought I would share this too.  I already had this board in my office, but it was looking a little ratty.  It was by a window so it had sun-faded spots on it and it had a ton of pictures pinned to it over the years.  I thought I would freshen it up with a little paint.  


I started by measuring out the stripes evenly and applying the tape. You can use any size tape you want but I liked the bigger stripes…they cover more of the ugliness!  I pushed down on the tape and pulled it very taut to make sure it was going to make a crisp line when I peeled up the tape.


I used some white acrylic paint to fill in the stripes.  Make sure you apply the paint in the same direction of the stripes…it will minimize bleeding.  I let the paint dry for about 5 or 10 minutes and then carefully peeled the tape off while it was still sort of wet.  I didn’t want to risk having the paint dry completely and the peel off in spots that would mess up the lines.  

Even though the board is well used, I really like the fresh, nautical vibe of the stripes.  It matches my desk and office accessories well!

No comments:

Post a Comment