Saturday, October 20, 2012

Calendar Page Clipboard




I love products from Paper Source!  They have the absolute cutest and best quality papers money can buy.  They are expensive but you can't beat their designs.  I like to get a wall calendar from Paper Source every year, and then use each cute sheet of paper for a project.  I decided to use my favorite page from the calendar to decorate the back of my work clipboard...after all, that is usually the side people see when you are writing on it or carrying it around!

For this clipboard makeover, you will need scissors, a paint brush, Mod Podge and a Mod Podge roller.

Start by tracing the shape of your clipboard onto the paper of your choice.  I chose to use this large nautical calendar page because it is 100% me!  It is also somewhat thicker than poster paper so it is easier to work with.

Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the clipboard and stick the piece of paper on.  It helps if you dampen the paper by spraying a tiny bit of water on it.  It helps reduce bubbling and makes it easier to work with.

Use the roller to smooth out creases.  Then apply another thin-to-medium layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper.  Be sure to wipe the edges of the board while it is still wet so you don't get glops of Mod Podge on the sides.

Be careful though!  As I was wiping the edges, my paper towel got stuck to the paper and pulled some of the calendar page off!  I was frustrated at first but then I decided I liked the ragged look on the edges.  It made the board look more antique to match the old look of the nautical print.

Let it dry for a couple of hours and you will have a personalized clipboard to match your style!

No comments:

Post a Comment