Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spooky Succulents!









I made these gifts from soup cans and succulent cuttings!  It was so easy and I didn’t spend a dime.  All you need is some craft supplies from around the house and you are ready to go.

I have been rooting succulent cuttings to give as gifts and this is my first attempt to make a gift out of them.

I first transferred the plants into the soup cans.  If I were you, I would measure the paper you are going to cover the cans with BEFORE you plant.  

After that I got the paper and glued it to the outside of the can.  There was some leftover glue from the soup label that used to be on it.  I started by attaching the paper there and then wrapped it around and glued the other end.

I used bold tip pens to write Happy Halloween on the little flags-I thought it made it look spookier!  I traced out the flag pattern with pencil before writing and then glued the ends to the wood skewer (cut the skewers in half with sharp craft scissors).

After that I just added some cut-outs from the decorative paper scraps and voila!  A perfect gift to help someone start their own succulent plant!  


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Halloween project and even better adding in some succulent cuttings to the mix.

    ReplyDelete