Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dollar Store Fall Wreaths!








I’ve got Fall Fever!  I am willing it to get cooler by decorating with Fall decor…even though it was 90 degrees today!  



The total cost of this wreath project was $8.  I bought 2 wreaths, two spools of ribbon, and 4 pieces of fall leaf garland.  I chose the garland over the bags of loose leaves even though they were cheaper because I liked the variety of colors and some of the garlands even had glitter on the leaves…SOLD!  


I took all the leaves off of the garland and started applying them to the wreaths with a hot glue gun.  I did a base layer first, and then I started layering on top of them to add some variety.  I tied a big bow at the top on the first wreath and decided to hang it on the staircase.
  
I used a thinner ribbon on the second wreath, and then I created a long loop to hang it with.  I glued the knot of the loop to an extra leaf, and it worked well to conceal the unsightly knot and the nail in the door. 

I finished both in about 45 minutes…quick, easy, inexpensive, and lots of fun to make!  


No comments:

Post a Comment